Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Getting to Know You


In an effort to post not only more on my blog, but to also make it more personal; I’ve started using some journal prompts with the end result of A) you knowing way more about me then you probably ever wanted to know, and B) To get back into writing. It’s one of my biggest passions and it’s been way too long.

To start, here are 25 random facts about me:

1.     I always sleep with a fan on. Even in the dead of winter. I pile on the blankets, turn up the heated mattress pad and have a fan going.
2.     I am the crazy annoying sports fan. I yell, scream, cheer and sometimes swear.
3.     On that note: my favorite part of baseball is when the players clear the benches to fight.
4.     As a kid, I used to write plays and make my sisters act them out.
5.     I once ate a dog biscuit on a dare.
6.     Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights are my favorite books. I read them at least every two years.
7.     I have never had a dog as a pet. I was raised in a cat only household.
8.     I’m a feminist, a Democrat and a Mormon. (Yes, we do exist.)
9.     The Husband and I didn’t have a wedding. It was a civil ceremony in the bishop’s office with two of our friends on a Thursday afternoon and I don’t regret it for a second.
10.  If I could, I would eat Mac and Cheese everyday.
11.  I’m lactose intolerant.
12.  I have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and have struggled with depression  since I was a teenager.
13.  I didn’t go to Disneyland until the age of 17.
14.  I love old things. Photographs, books, furniture, houses.
15.  I got my love of music and cooking from my Dad and my love of animals and reading from my Mom.
16.  I’m a social media junkie. Facebook, twitter, pinterest…you name it, I probably have an account.
17.  I can sing. I’m no Whitney or Aretha but I like to think that I can hold my own.
18.  I want to adopt a child…someday.
19.  I live in the hot air ballooning capital of the world but I refuse to ever set foot in one.
20.  I have the worst math skills.
21.  I go through my closets once a month and usually end up donating at least 2 bags full of clothes and stuff to DI or Goodwill.
22.  I play my music loud. The louder the better.
23.  Growing up, my Grandpa was my pen pal.
24.  I love office supply stores.
25.  I’m right handed. When I was about 11 I taught myself to write with my left hand. Unfortunately, I’ve lost most of that ability.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!!! I feel like I know even more about you now!!! Yay! good luck on keeping up the writing habit!

Audrie said...

Very interesting. Some of the answers surprised me.

Natalie said...

Thanks Tresann! Hope Kansas is treating you well!

Audrie: I guess I'm full of surprises! :)