Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Dreamed A Dream

For those that go to the movies, you know those Fathom Events they advertise? They are usually for operas. I always bug Cameron about going to see one and he always says no....he hates opera. So after awhile I stopped asking.

Then yesterday happend. It started out as any other Wednesday. I woke up, went to work and Cameron went to school. At about 2:30pm when Cameron got out of class he started texting me. Then he started sending me clues to what we where going to be doing later that night.

I was able to guess that we where going to see a movie. But I couldn't guess which one. It wasn't until I sat down and the lights dimmed and this came on the screen:


I literally screamed with joy....it was mildly embarrassing. It was nothing short of amazing. Les Miserables is one of my favorite musicals. I cry every time I see it and last night was no exception.

Some of the highlights of the show were:

1. Nick Jonas of The Jonas Brothers playing the role of Marius.
2. He wasn't half bad! His voice wasn't as strong as the rest of the cast but his acting was good and he held his own.
3. As we left the theater we ran into our friends Steve, Nancy and Martin who were also in the audience. We haven't seen them in a long time and afterward we went to dinner.
4. At the end of the show, the original 1985 cast came out and sang a few songs from the show.

It was a wonderful date! On Saturday I leave for Nebraska for a week to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Unfortunately Cameron has to stay home and work :0(


2 comments:

Audrie said...

That sounds great!!! I am glad that Cameron still suprises you once in a while. Have fun with your family. Will someone feed Cameron or is he working on Thanksgiving day?

Natalie said...

It was so much fun! Cameron does have to work on Thanksgiving but after work he is going over to our neighbors house (how is also the Elders Quorum President) for dinner.