Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter with the Scholles!

As I've mentioned before, Easter in one of my favorite holidays. If you need to catch up, you can read why here.

This year we got to spend Easter with our friends Steve, Jessica and their two adorable children Cooper and Aurora. They drove in on Saturday from Utah and will be here until next Saturday. We get a whole week!

The weather could not have been better. Lots of sunshine and about 75 degrees with a slight breeze. We woke up and went to church. Jess and Cooper joined my Sunbeams class where I taught the Easter lesson.

(Side note#1: During sharing time, the teacher brought a porcelain statue of Jesus-a replica of the one in the Salt Lake Temple Visitors Center. Well when she pulled it out, a little girl about age 5 said "Jesus looks like a zombie". It took every muscle in my face not to laugh. Something tells me she learned it from an older brother)

The boys took Aurora (age 1) to Sunday School and Elders Quorum. Where she charmed all the old high priests.

After church, we drove out to the Temple. We were the only ones there. It was nice to walk around and take it all in. We took about a million photos. Here is just a sample, more to come later!



The Temple grounds where covered in Tulips, my favorite flower!

After visiting the Temple, we went back home for lunch, an Easter Egg hunt and some much needed fun!





I am so grateful for the Atonement. That Jesus died for our sins and rose again. This knowledge gives me peace.  I'm grateful for the wonderful people in my life, who love me, make me laugh and challenge me.

Christ has risen!

(Side note #2: Cameron and I don't like to say "Happy Easter". It sounds too commercial. We also don't like "Happy Resurrection Day"-yes people actually say that, it just sounds weird to us. So we decided to say "Christ is risen!". As mentioned in last year's Easter post, that is what we said at my old church. The priest would chant it and we would use it as a greeting at church. Whenever someone said it, you would respond with "Indeed He has risen!" It is always said loud and with joy. Which to us, seems the perfect way to acknowledge what Easter is really about.

Hope your Easter was just as lovely!

No comments: